Purana in general have five characteristics called Pancha Lakshana and they are:, sarga, pratisarga, vamsa, manvantara and Vamsa charitam.
1. Sarga: the creation of the universe.
2. Pratisarga: secondary creations, mostly recreations after dissolution.
3. Vamśa: genealogy of the gods and sages.
4. Manvañtara: the creation of the human race and the first human beings. The epoch of the Manus' rule, 71 celestial Yugas or 308,448,000 years.
5. Vamśānucaritam: the histories of the patriarchs of the lunar and solar dynasties.
There are 18 mazor Puranas. Then Puranas are catergorised into three folds: One Vaishnava, Two Saiva and the three Brahma Puranas.
Vishnu Purana, Bhagavata Purana, Nāradeya Purana, Garuda Purana, Padma Purana, Varaha Purana, Vāmana Purana,Kūrma Purana, Matsya Purana, Kalki Purana
Brahma Purana, Brahmānda Purana, Brahma Vaivarta Purana, Mārkandeya Purana, Bhavishya Purana,
Shiva Purana, Linga Purana, Skanda Purana, Agni Purana, Vāyu Purana
Click on the following LINKS to view my You tube Videos on the issue of,
Click the following buttons to visit my other Websites:
నా ఇతర వెబ్ సైట్లు చూడడానికి ఈ క్రింది బటనులు నొక్కవలెను.